Sandy Ridge Baptist Church began in the Isenhour home Sandy Ridge Road with 27 charter members and their first pastor, Guthrie Colvard. This church was approved by a Presbytery of five local church pastors. The first deacons were ordained; of which, a few are grandfathers of some of our current members.
- 1945 -
A housefire consumed all the church records and a special prayer meeting convened to reconstruct the minutes from the memories of those present. The first VBS occurred this year as well, and a building fund was started. Late in the year, Pastor V.C. Martin became the pastor and the church ordered her first hymnals.
- 1946 -
The first marriage ceremony took place, and the church purchased the piece of land where the older auditorium (youth complex) now sits.
- 1952 -
More classes were held in the bottom of the parsonage.
- 1955 -
SRBC joined the local Baptist Association.
- 1956 -
First insurance policy was taken out on the church.
- 1968 -
Sent first delegates to the Southern Baptist Convention.
- 1972 -
Homer Green became the Pastor of SRBC.
- 1973 -
SRBC purchased the triangle property (now its northern parking lot).
Children's church began.
- 1977 -
Constitution and Bylaws were adopted.
- 1978 -
New building (current sanctuary) was completed.
- 1996 -
Pastor Homer Green completed 24 years of pastoring at SRBC.
- 2001 -
Sandy Ridge regularly had 300 in attendance.
- 2003 -
Attendance was regularly above 400.
- 2016 -
Bill Sturm was called to be the pastor of Sandy Ridge.
Sunday Mornings: 9:09 Small Group & 10:30 Assembly Sunday Evenings: 5:00 Bible Study Wednesdays: Prayer Meeting @ 6:30