– 1943 –
Our first Sunday School meeting was held.
– 1944 –
Sandy Ridge Baptist Church began in the Isenhour home Sandy Ridge Road with 27 charter members and their first pastor, Guthrie Colvard. This church was approved by a Presbytery of five local church pastors. The first deacons were ordained; of which, a few are grandfathers of some of our current members.
– 1945 –
A housefire consumed all the church records and a special prayer meeting convened to reconstruct the minutes from the memories of those present. The first VBS occurred this year as well, and a building fund was started. Late in the year, Pastor V.C. Martin became the pastor and the church ordered her first hymnals.
– 1946 –
The first marriage ceremony took place, and the church purchased the piece of land where the older auditorium (youth complex) now sits.
– 1952 –
More classes were held in the bottom of the parsonage.
– 1955 –
SRBC joined the local Baptist Association.
– 1956 –
First insurance policy was taken out on the church.
– 1968 –
Sent first delegates to the Southern Baptist Convention.
– 1972 –
Homer Green became the Pastor of SRBC.
– 1973 –
SRBC purchased the triangle property (now its northern parking lot).
Children’s church began.
– 1977 –
Constitution and Bylaws were adopted.
– 1978 –
New building (current sanctuary) was completed.
– 1996 –
Pastor Homer Green completed 24 years of pastoring at SRBC.
– 2001 –
Sandy Ridge regularly had 300 in attendance.
– 2003 –
Attendance was regularly above 400.
– 2016 –
Bill Sturm was called to be the pastor of Sandy Ridge.